Thursday, August 30, 2012

You did what?

In all my years managing people in these tobacco shops I've come to realize that I can generalize people into two very simplified classes of employees.

There are those who come to me and say "What do you need me to do today?" and afterward say "I've finished that, what can I do to contribute now?"

Then there are those who occasionally come to me and say "Look what I just did!" to distract me from the hundreds of things they should have stayed on top of on a daily basis, did not do, and hoped I didn't notice.

The former will earn my respect, admiration, and advancement. The latter I am unimpressed by.

Folks, I don't miss much, if anything. I just keep track.

Decide which you are and become it, but remember there are either rewards or consequences.

The choice is always yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment