Thursday, March 20, 2014

What is the House of Emilio?

The Best of the Boutiques


     From time to time we're asked about what the House of Emilio is. The fact is, even we who are a part of this are constantly asking ourselves that same question, and perhaps I can shed some light on what we are today.

     The House of Emilio is an outfall of my own dream to make cigars under my own brand, Emilio Cigars. As I began to gain some success and recognition from the cigar community my travels took me to various places at various times, and I met other similarly passionate small cigar manufacturers.

     One of the things I noticed was that we all faced the same basic struggles.  As we begin we are so small that we cannot afford the staff and infrastructure that larger players have, but weren't they there once themselves? Did they not overcome this?  Of course they did. What I wanted to do was find a different way.

     What I chose to do was to create a structure within which each of the individual brands could benefit from our existing infrastructure and logistics while maintaining their own identities. After all, that is what each of the brands is about. They deserve and have earned that. So let me tell you a few stories....

     Emilio Cigars itself was born from my desire to learn more about tobacco. Simply put, my initial objective was to be able to bring back to the consumers and staff in our retail operations a breadth and depth of knowledge that would be of benefit to them in a multitude of ways. As time went on I received encouragement from within the industry to produce cigars, and so I did. In my case each blend is an homage to something important in my life. The same can be said of all the other brands within the family.

     Each member of the House retains their own unique identity. Each own their own brand. But unlike other distributorship arrangements they are not chosen based on economic factors. They are chosen for their passion, their willingness to work cooperatively and help each other, and the fact that they produce superb cigars. Each member is completely free to chart their own course. I do not dictate anything to them other than that they be all in and committed. That simple.

   What are we?  We are a fellowship of cigar makers, fired by our individual desires, goals, and dreams. We are a brotherhood.  Those who understand this will, though many will not, and that is just fine.

     I have been blessed to be surrounded by the most honest, sincere, and caring cigar makers in the industry. We are a family united, and a family that loves and supports one another. And that's the thing, we actually do love. We hurt for each other when we suffer, and we rejoice in everyone's success.

     Is that unique? Is that a concept that's hard to wrap you mind around? Of course. And that is why what we do will be successful. We don't care if you understand or believe in us. We understand and believe in each other. No competition. No envy. No jealousy. Just pure love. We laugh together. We cry together. And sadly, there is very little of that purity alive in the world today.

Blessings and peace to you all

   

1 comment:

  1. excellent explanation Gary!! Thanks for the insight my friend!

    ReplyDelete