Friday, June 22, 2012

Emilio AF Suave - Released!

Last year I was at the factory with A.J. Fernandez in Esteli, Nicaragua and happened to mention that I supposed at some point I would need to add a Connecticut wrapped cigar to our portfolio. There are plenty of Connecticuts out there, and the one thing I stressed that I didn't want was a one dimensional cigar. Instead, I said I was playing with the idea of making something that would maintain the interest of the seasoned smoker, yet not overpower novices.

A few weeks later it happened that my friend Eddie Ortega was traveling to Esteli, and since I just love traveling with Eddie I decided to return. I've known him since early after I got into this business, and from the moment we met I knew we would be lifelong friends. I also knew he was working on a new line of cigars, and since he'd been so helpful to me through the years and given me so much encouragement and advice I wanted to do at least something to repay that kindness.

There was, of course, also the notion in the back of my mind that I might have the opportunity to try some of his new cigars.

One afternoon, with some free time available, we called the Fernandez factory and said we were stopping by. As we entered the conference room I noticed a tray of cigars sitting on the table, separated into two groups. One batch was marked AF3 and the other AF4. A.J. had obviously been working his magic, and he smiled broadly when he realized I'd noticed them.

Emilio Cigars Suave
We had an enjoyable afternoon comparing notes on the two blends, and after a long discussion decided to put one into production with no blending changes.

That's the beauty of working with people who are so talented, and who take the time to understand  you both as a customer and friend. It's almost as if they can read your mind sometimes.

The Emilio AF Suave is available in cabinet boxes of 20, and comes in the following sizes: Corona, Robusto, Toro, Torpedo, and Churchill. The wrapped is Ecuadoran Connecticut, and the filler all Nicaraguan.

We were fortunate that on the first day of release some folks who do reviews managed to find some, and delighted that their assessment was overwhelmingly positive.

We hope you will enjoy them, and look forward to your comments. To find a retailer near you visit our website: Emilio Cigars 

For all the latest news and information about Emilio Cigars you can follow us on Facebook

If you're interested in a far less reverent experience, we're also on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like another winner Gary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try this. Can I repost on the FTNYC website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always feel free to repost as you would like

      Delete